Friday, November 17, 2006

Re-post: "It's snowing!" - Sept 06

From Saturday, September 30, 2006

This is what I woke up to this morning. I peered out of the window and there was white mist over the valley. It did look a bit like snow, but of course it's so long, in Lyddie's mind, since she saw snow and she's so desperate to see it again that anything white will do.

"It's beautiful isn't it? But it's not snow, it's mist."

"NO Mummy it's snow! I'm going downstairs to play in it. Come on, let's take our 'S's." (We went to be with an S shape each - she had the small one and I had the big one. Mummy and Baby 'S' apparently. *shrug*)

"Right......."

Downstairs we look out of the window and there's a light dusting of frost, or even white dew on the field. Lyddie starts jumping up and down. "It's snow! It's snow! Let's build a snowman!"

"It's dew!" say I, putting the kettle on.

"It's SNOW and I'm going to play in it. Can you buy me some ice-skates? Look, it's ice-skating snow! Where's the ice-skate shop?"

"Bradford, but.."

"How far away is Bradford?"

"Erm... About 10 miles I suppose.."

Our next door neighbour is walking past. Lyddie runs straight back in and puts a skirt on, which to NDN's credit makes him laugh. I come and switch on my PC and she goes back outside. Five minutes later she's back. Puts the TV on and sits down in front of Teletubbies. No more mention of snow - or ice-skates, thank goodness.

And I wrote most of that in the present tense, which means Chick Lit is contagious. Beware the dreaded Chick Lit virus! There's no known cure.

posted by Gill at 8:43 AM 4 comments
Friday, September 29, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home