Friday, November 17, 2006

Re-post: The Evil Bat Queen - Oct 06

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Zara: "Aww Mum! Lyddie's being the Evil Bat Queen! It's so sweet! Come and look."

Mum: "Oh yes, that's nice."

Zara: "Ow! She just clawed out my nose stud!"

Lyddie: "Yes. I'm the Evil Bat Queen." *Flounces off evilly into other room.*

That little snapshot seems to be how things are here today. And we're bringing the wheelbarrow in to empty the stove of cinders and ash because it's got so full because *cue dramatic music* someone stole my galvanised buckets!

Well, if I'm forced to admit it I probably left them out in the field the last time I took cinders out there. But they're not here and it's raining and we want a good fire, so wheelbarrow it is.

While I'm at it, I may as well sweep the chimney so it's clear for the winter. This is quite a fun job actually. You shove the brush up and attach rod after rod until it pokes out of the chimney stack. And you hope you don't knock the chimney stack off the roof in the process.

And the rug needs a good beating but it's not exactly the weather for it: if I do it today it'll need a good drying too.

posted by Gill at 10:54 AM 2 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home