Friday, November 17, 2006

Re-post: Our home ed meetings - June 05

From Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The clearing-away problem seems to be resolving itself. This week and last week I started resolutely tidying up at twenty to 3 and was away from the building before half past. It's still not ideal: I'd like to be away at ten past in a perfect world, but it's far better than the struggles we were having before that. There's still a bit of obstructiveness and throwing-stuff-in-boxes-any-old-how helpfulness that I'd actually rather bypass if I had a choice, but as I don't I'm calling it progress. I have to spend about twenty minutes back at home rearranging things before I put them away, but it's OK and I'm a lot happier about it.

The meetings themselves are going really well. We have nothing planned or structured and yet nobody is bored and the children and parents are busy and active throughout. There's enough space and we take enough stuff for there to be something for everyone and I think 3 hours is just the right duration for the meeting.

posted by Gill at 7:09 AM 2 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home