Review links and quotes
- The review
- The six questions (Deadline for responses: Friday 20 February 2009)
- The sixty questions for Local Authorities
- Get your daily call to action from the Facebook group
- "Parents Express Outrage and Disgust at Latest Government Attack on Families." - AHEd's press release
- "It's theft of children from families. The state wants to control what childhood is." - Mike Fortune Wood on YouTube
- "We.. the inf.. We don’t have the evidence there statistically, no." - NSPCC spokesman on the Jeremy Vine Show, Radio 2
- "Very many of the LA questions are leading questions - and have no actual basis in any law or understanding of home education in the UK today." - Lotusbirther: Independent consultation?
- "I suspect there is another agenda here." - Allie at the Greenhouse
- "The sad fact is that the majority of LAs don't understand their duties and the powers they have had since 1944." - Carlotta's draft response
- "This is about allegations of abuse that have no evidence to back it up" - Annkrozeika
- "Review of state schooling system announced amidst growing concerns for pupil safety" - A great piece of [shame it's only] satire
- "Hitler outlawed home education for just that reason, he understood that to control the minds of the people you have to get children away from their parents as early as possible" - Firebird
- "Baroness Delyth Morgan said home schooling could be masking a range of evils including sexual exploitation and domestic servitude." - Daily Mail
- "Children attending school are more likely to suffer abuse and neglect than those educated at home" - Telegraph
- "It is also, for many, precisely the reason they removed their children from school in the first place – because they believed their children weren't receiving the education they needed." - Guardian: Do we need yet another inquiry into home education?
- "As you can see, Nanny hates it when she doesn't have a direct input into the upbringing of children; she immediately cries "abuse" at anyone who seeks to distance their family from the state." - Nanny Knows Best: A nation of snoopers
I'll be adding to it all the time, so please tell me if you know of, or come across any others to add to it.