Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Six weird things meme

I've been tagged by Qalballah! (Thanks - I think!) Here's what I have to do, apparently:

Each player of this game starts with the "six weird things about you" blog post. People who get tagged need to write their own six weird things post and state the rules clearly. At the end of the post tag six more people and don’t forget to leave a comment on their blog to tell them they have been tagged and tell them to read your blog.

1. This isn't so weird nowadays but as regular readers will know I try to avoid doctors, medical staff, medical premises and proprietary medicines like the plague. It was very weird 20 years ago when I started doing it.

2. When I was about 15 I was diagnosed with a degenerative spine condition which apparently would 'put me in a wheelchair by the time I was 30, so I shouldn't have children, just in case'. Lies, all lies, hence weird thing number one.

3. Regular readers will also know (Sorry guys, this is soo boring for you! I'll try to think of something you didn't know for the last two! Oh blow it, I can't.) that I have an 'interesting' relationship with money: I don't need much, don't want much, and believe its flow can be controlled magically. Oooooh.

4. I knew as a child I'd live in this house, where we've been for nearly ten years now. My dad and his brother were brought up in the neighbourhood and they both wanted it too. It's not huge or anything but it does stand out, being right on the top of the hill.

5. I was quite a spooky kid actually, and had flashes of 'future memory' about how my life would pan out, which I didn't take too seriously but now know were accurate. I still get them and sometimes see myself as an old hermit woman still struggling to grow veg in our windy field at the top of the hill! I hope that one's right too. I couldn't think of a better way to see out my days. Yeah, that's probably fairly weird ;-)

Now to find six others to tag:

Manda
Lindsey
Paula
Gotta say Tech even though she's passworded
Baz (Get blogging, you!)
and my lovely Zara. (You too!)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done!

2:18 pm, January 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gill, you mentioned in this post and others that you don't use doctors, and know quite a bit about alternatives. Can you reccomend anything for a sinus infection?

10:48 pm, January 09, 2007  
Blogger Gill said...

Hi Fiona.

The first thing I'd do, before I bothered to get any books out, would be to take homeopathic Chamomilla 30c every half hour or so for a few hours for the pain, whilst dabbing pure essential lavender oil on my face around the sinus area, for its brilliant pain relief, anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting qualities. I'd probably also be inhaling eucalyptus oil from a handkerchief or something and for an extra immune-system boost I'd temporarily increase my vitamin C intake up to about 2000-3000mg, depending on my tolerance.

If I was still suffering after doing all that for a day or two, I'd get out one of my homeopathic books and start looking for specific remedies to treat the exact symptoms, but the list of those is too long for me to type here. Get back to me if you find you need it.

If the sinusitis was a long-standing, recurring problem which didn't respond to the above treatment, I'd also consult my Caroline Myss books to try to work out the underlying psychosomatic reasons for it.

Oh and I'd eliminate dairy products from my diet straight away, because they're mucus-forming. I wouldn't have them again until the problem had completely gone away. Even then, I'd use them with caution because most of us struggle to process them even though the symptoms of this are often mild, they can exacerbate other problems and weaknesses. Ditto white flour products and sugar.

8:59 am, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Mand said...

Hi Gill- I have answered my weirdness !!! Hope you are all well xxxxx

11:23 am, January 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gill,

There's never an easy answer is there? I don't know what any of the things you mention are - except the lavender of course! Do you get these things online or from health shops?

I'll try to cut out the white bread *cries* and eat more fruit.

I don't think whatever I've got can be that bad, I'm just sick of being ill. It's been 6 weeks now. Just before I asked you about it someone said it sounded exactly like when they had a sinus infrection and in the end they had gone to the docs for antibiotics.

Today my nose unblocked for a few hours it was heavenly! My hearing is still dodgy though but getting better in general i think! So hopefully it's clearing up now.

Fiona M

11:51 pm, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Gill said...

Hi Manda, fine thanks! Hope you all are too xx

Hi Fiona, yes if you ask in the health food shop they should have all that stuff.

But if it's suddenly come and and you've had it for six weeks I'd be wondering whether it was an allergic reaction actually. Think back to when it started: did you make any changes to the products you normally use? Face cream? Shampoo? Washing powder, anything like that? If so, change back again, that might do the trick.

Or did you make a dietary change then and start eating or drinking something you weren't having before? Sometimes a bit of a binge on something you weren't allergic to before can trigger sensitisation to it and inflamed sinuses is a classic allergy symptom.

Quite often with allergies you know instinctively what the substance is, so pay close attention to the first thing that 'pops into your mind' when you start thinking about the questions above.

Failing all that, have you been under extra stress this past 6 weeks? Worrying about anything in particular? It could be down to that, if so. Address that issue (if poss) and your sinuses might clear.

Good luck, I do sympathise, blocked sinuses are 'orrible.

8:02 am, January 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home