Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy birthday, sweet 16

Well, 16 years ago today, I gave birth to my first beautiful baby daughter.













How did she get from that to this?















Let me show you how.

First, she developed her exquisite taste in clothes..

















Oops, sorry - wrong one! Not that exquisite taste in clothes! This one ;-)


















She always was a tiara girl. When she'd grown out of the frilly hats :-) (I'm smiling, but I'll be in trouble when she sees some of these..)

Although she had to experiment a little bit first, until she got it right:


















Then she acquired her ladylike table manners:


















Her elegant deportment:

















And her sweet, dulcet tones:












Not to mention some luxurious bathing habits she picked up along the way:


















Until eventually, someone was kind enough to name their shop after her:


















And that's it. The world has now survived 16 whole years full of crazy, classy, weird and wonderful Zaraness and I think it's a better place for it.

Here she is. Happy birthday Zara!


















(No, I'm not taking out the one with the hat. It was a beautiful hat! Well, you liked it at the time. Well, I didn't hear you complaining. The frills were very pretty! In fact, I've seen one like it recently that I thought I might buy for you.. Oh! There seems to be a strange, murderous look in your eye! I wonder why..)

17 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

happy birthday Zara! We're celebrating 5ness here :)

12:04 pm, May 29, 2008  
Blogger Zara said...

Arhg! mother, what will i do with you?!

If only i still had that spaghetti spoon today!

Happy birthday to your 5-ness child Jax, try not to embarrass him in the same manner!

12:29 pm, May 29, 2008  
Blogger Gill said...

LOL, she loved it really. She was laughing, honest! And I'm still alive, which is a good sign.

Happy birthday, Small! I will go to chez Jax's blog and say the very same thing.

12:32 pm, May 29, 2008  
Blogger Tim said...

Happy Birthday Zara.

We are putting aside special collection of photos of our children to "share" with bfs/gfs when they are older.

1:23 pm, May 29, 2008  
Blogger Elaine said...

Happy Birthday Zara have lots of fun

1:23 pm, May 29, 2008  
Blogger these boots said...

Happy birthday Zara!

2:44 pm, May 29, 2008  
Blogger Mieke said...

Happy Birthday Zara! D'ya want to join my offspring in the 'Daughters of embarrassing mothers-Club'?
My, Gill, you have strong genes! I can so clearly see your younger two in the piccies.

6:35 pm, May 29, 2008  
Blogger Allie said...

Happy Birthday to Zara!

I love that odd wellies photo.

6:46 pm, May 29, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Zara! :)

12:08 am, May 30, 2008  
Blogger Gill said...

"My, Gill, you have strong genes! I can so clearly see your younger two in the piccies."

I always think they're not alike, Mieke, until I look at photos of them at similar ages then I can see the similarities.

"I love that odd wellies photo." LOL, I do too Allie! She'd been frantically playing in the sand and then run in and fallen asleep. Soo glad I had the camera handy ;-)

7:27 am, May 30, 2008  
Blogger Gill said...

Thanks for birthday wishes everyone. I'll pass them onto her in case she's not reading the comments :-)

7:28 am, May 30, 2008  
Blogger Ruth said...

Belated happy birthday Zara :) xx

Love the piccies btw :)

5:51 pm, May 30, 2008  
Blogger Louise said...

Happy Birthday Zara xxxxxx hope it was a good one.

5:55 pm, May 30, 2008  
Blogger Jenny said...

What a wonderful post!
Happy Birthday Zara and well done mum on getting the embarrassment factor just right ( as all the mums reading went AWWWW sweeeet!)
Thats quite a finely honed skill iMO

10:55 am, June 01, 2008  
Blogger Minnie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Zara.

I like the sink pic. Those were the days, eh? :o))

You two look very alike:o))

Re embarassing photos...I have a pic of my two boys, aged 7 and 8, in Thunderbird outfits (complete with little hats) somewhere. lol

7:02 pm, June 01, 2008  
Blogger Gill said...

Thanks you four ;-)

Ooh Min, I have many such pictures of the boys! But I wouldn't dare use them - they have a completely different sense of humour to their sister and I don't think they'd see the funny side, LOL.

Jenny, thanks! You're very kind to say so :-)

Mrs Darcy, belated happy birthday to your birthday girl too! We were thinking of her, it being such a popular date for being born and all!

6:31 am, June 02, 2008  
Blogger tranquility said...

Gill, how *could* you ,)

a lovely journey indeed!

x

10:11 am, June 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home