Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Staying in

We registered the car off road in the end, instead of re-taxing it. We'd have paid the road tax, but a water pipe ruptured in the engine which we need to replace before it will go anywhere else. I think the thermostat has probably gone as well, which might explain why the pipe ruptured in the first place. Hey ho! Life is an education, especially the kind you live on a shoestring budget.

So we've been mostly staying in for the past week or two. Having indoor picnics...














(though I think the 'food' on offer there was made of Duplo)

and working on PCs. Fixing the central heating system. Plumbing in the new bathroom. Yes, I think it's safe to say that *water pipes* are our educational theme for now.

It's good to stay in for a period of time, I think. There's certainly plenty to do here. And it's nice to have the time to enjoy doing things at home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Minnie said...

Our thermostat is pooped, too. Might be an espace thing?

We're enjoying being holed up, aswell. I think a lot of people are, so we are entirely normal:O)

Our wheelie bin has returned from its little jaunt!!! Yippee...

11:15 pm, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Gill said...

LOL, hurray! I hope it brought souvenirs of its holiday! Stick of rock? It's a good time of year to be holed up, isn't it? Then again, any time of year is good for me to be at home. When I go elsewhere I tend to spend most of my time wondering why I didn't stay at home!

That's interesting about your thermostat. Hmmmm. Sounds like it could well be an Espace thing then. We were meant to go to the big Renault garage in Wakefield last week to get all the bits we're missing, but our lift didn't turn up. And anyway, we couldn't get the broken pipe out of the car and we don't know what it's called to order or buy another. So it's sitting there, waiting until one of us has enough energy, interest or desperation to do something about it.

The boys walked to Brighouse yesterday to get some shopping - about a 5 mile round trip down then back up the hill. When they got home they said we definitely need to get the car fixed ;-)

7:43 am, March 05, 2008  
Blogger Minnie said...

Yes, our round trip on foot is 7 miles!!...over hill and dale, too and sometimes no pavement to walk on, either. Scary!!

Shall have to ask my bro to look at the car again..see if he can shed some light on the pipe? ("I name this pipe......."! lol) Last time he put his head under the bonnet he had a chuckle...it's just so different under there from your family saloon:O)

If you get your lift how about taking a photo of the pipe/engine and showing the garage people? Or email them with it? Then you'll get a price:O) You'll have probably thought of that anyway.

11:52 am, March 05, 2008  
Blogger Gill said...

Blimey Min - do you do that regularly? You must be very fit and healthy! I should get walking too. I keep waiting for some good weather though, LOL. I know, I'll be waiting a long time!

Yes please (re: your bro). I have a pic of the pipe - will email you when I get chance today xx

12:21 pm, March 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home