Saturday, July 28, 2007

I'm reading...

I seem to have done nothing else other than read for the past 2-3 days. What am I reading? Consultation responses mainly, and associated files and anything else consultation-related that might come in useful. I think I've got consultation-fatigue, and I'm only doing one response! (Well 4 if you count typing out the teens') Unlike some other valliant people who are doing 2 or three - their own and other groups'.

In and amongst this, Lyddie has discovered books with chapters, so we've been reading this and also Beatrix Potters and a book about dinosaurs. She's also into AA Milne poetry, as am I, so one way or another I seem to be reading all day long!

I'm not complaining - except maybe about the sore throat - because she's my 4th child and the first one to be quite so bookish. Ali is bookish but independently-so: he would never condescend to be read to, but Lyddie is easily as bookish as I ever was, which is a great pleasure. Of course, all five children are great pleasures in their individual ways - but I love sharing a passion for reading with Lyddie. I kept a lot of my old childhood books and lamented as one child after another grew up without wanting to look at more than a few of them, so Beatrix Potter and Enid Blyton and even old AA Milne all started gathering dust. But now they're being dusted off :-)

Still no Deathly Hallows here yet. I'm waiting until these responses are in before I hunt one of those down. And then there's yet more reading to do. Six researchers. Twenty families. £50,000. Paula at Aspie Home Ed has asked a very interesting question about this research. I'm looking forward to the reply too, if it comes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

JR is having a book fest too I have read so many books lately

8:49 am, July 29, 2007  
Blogger Gill said...

LOL Elaine, I've got sore eyes and a sore throat. Good job I like the books or I'd be climbing the walls! :-)
Does JR go off and bounce on something when you're reading? Lyddie often does. It always makes me think of the Dore theories.
Zara's friend R always did handstands and forward rolls when she was learning a new academic skill.

9:05 am, July 29, 2007  
Blogger Annkrozeika said...

According to 'Foods that Harm, Foods that Heal', an old English remedy for a sore throat was to tie an old sock around your throat. But have pity on any infants with sore throats - their remedy was to "wrap a dead frog in a pure-white linen cloth and let the unfortunate baby suck on it."

I can always be counted on to lower the tone ;o)

Zoe

12:48 pm, July 29, 2007  
Blogger Gill said...

ROFL!

I'll stick to my cups of Yorkshire tea!

(kinda tempted to try the frog thing though..)

3:26 pm, July 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home