Tuesday, June 12, 2007

8 things meme

Thanks for the tag from Nic :-)

The rules are simpleā€¦Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. I'm a Yorkshire lass, right down to my boots. Not moving anywhere else, not for anyone. (Just you watch, I'll be living in Australia next week now I've said that!)

2. In my adult life, I first spent ten years being married, living in the bottom of a deep valley, wishing I was single and living on top of a steep hill. Then I spent ten years being single and living on top of a steep hill, being very happy to be here!

3. I'm one of life's natural mothers. I find motherhood very easy and infinitely rewarding.

4. I'm very strict with myself about certain things, like not offering unsolicited advice or instructions. I don't manage this all the time, because I am my mother's daughter, but I work very hard at it.

5. I'm one of those annoying vegetarians who eats fish sometimes. (Technically a pescetarian then, but there's no point saying that in a restaurant!) Actually I'd possibly eat some meat too sometimes if I could stomach it, but not the factory farmed stuff. I have been vegan in the past: I tried all sorts of diets while training in the Taoist arts, to see which worked best for me. Am still not 100% sure.

6. It's no secret that all five of my children are autonomously home-educated. This is because I want them to be able to live life on their own terms, rather than someone else's.

7. I struggle to think straight in noisy, chaotic or cluttered environments.

8. My favourite sort of people are completely honest, up-front and straightforward. I'm likely to run a mile from people who try to be cunning, or harbour secret agendas or seek to second-guess me to try to manipulate my behaviour. If I feel that someone is trying to steer me in any way, I'll just extricate myself from the situation.

At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people...

Oh dear, I think most people have had this now. If you haven't, please consider youself tagged!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home