Wednesday, February 21, 2007

*Rolls eyes @ Blogger*

Well, I resisted Beta for as long as I could but in the end it forced me to 'upgrade'. Not impressed so far - there's these two signing in methods and I can't use the old way any more, I have to find the new one and type in my whole email address. I click 'remember me' every time and it never does. It seems to log me out every 5 minutes so I have to keep going through the whole process over again, but conversely it doggedly remembers me whenever I'm doing a Google search so that it feels like being spied on. Not that Google searches were ever confidential but at least they didn't tell me my full name and email address before when I did them, whereas now they do, which is somewhat unnerving.

And there seems to be no improvement to the blog format that I can see, except that we now have labels but I think we've all learned to manage without them for so long now that we have our own category systems in place anyway, so that's not exactly an improvement.

Sooo, Blogger worked ok before. I was happy with it. I get that Google bought Blogger out but it wasn't broke, so why did they try to fix it? And what's the story behind us all needing a Google 'account' now? It all seems very suspicious, but that could just be me being a cynical old bag, I suppose. Please enlighten me if you know more than I do on the subject. :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Google are the digital Tesco

10:11 pm, February 21, 2007  
Blogger Rosie said...

yep, I had to do it, too- it doesn't seem to have made that much difference, but publishing and loading photos is much quicker now so that's a bonus ;-)

11:16 pm, February 21, 2007  
Blogger Ruth said...

Mine is better now and doesn't log me out all the time but it did at first. The only "improvement" is you can password it to just people you want to read it if it became necessary and also make it completely private to yourself. However you can password blogsome so....not sure what the point of it all was really. Maybe they are going to make us pay eventually - that has crossed my cynical mind:(

4:35 pm, February 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home