Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Snapshot of England

We drove past a speed trap last night - police patrol car with two officers. Drove around the corner into the red light district: there we saw one totally brazen exchange of money for drugs and two prostitutes selling their wares as children played in the street further up. This was broad daylight and we took it in as we travelled through at 30MPH.

I'm not making any judgments about drugs or prostitutes. I possibly am making some about police priorities exposing sham laws though. I've been thinking a lot recently about what - and who - our legal system is actually for. There are probably no simple answers, but what we saw last night, all within two minutes, said quite a lot on the issue, I thought.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annkrozeika said...

That's pretty disgraceful.
I enjoy reading your blog & thought it was about time I left a comment (albeit a very short one!)

7:11 pm, June 07, 2007  
Blogger Gill said...

Hi Ann :-) Pleased to meet you! And glad you enjoy reading :-)

9:33 pm, June 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home