Sunday, May 03, 2009

EO's bombshell

EO's Government Policy Group has produced this [opens pdf]. As far as we can work out, it was written by one person, with possible input by about five others, and nobody else knew about or saw it before it was published. There's much angry discussion about it in the various email groups and on the Facebook discussion board. (For the record, I agree with much of what Raquel says there.)

I am planning to fisk the whole document - no doubt other bloggers will be doing the same - but am taking some time off during the next few days to focus on other things, including a 'proper job' deadline. Sometime during the week then, perhaps.

Suffice to say, for those who didn't know, EO has about 4000 members, most of whom are not involved in its political discussions. (It seems that even some of the trustees are not involved in these.) The vast majority of home educators are not EO members, and the vast majority of opinions I've read about this document are outraged.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EO will have at least one less member after this, I will not be renewing my subscription.

10:29 am, May 03, 2009  
Anonymous Jax said...

I have blogged my response here

11:39 am, May 03, 2009  
Blogger Ruth said...

Awful but not surprised is my response to this now I have finished seething. It is something I have come to expect from them:(

5:55 pm, May 03, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not suprised.

Surely time for the membership and the rest of the trustees to *do* something about these one or two individuals.

11:49 pm, May 03, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I let my membership slide because I was concerned about EO politics. This business seems to me to be playing the Govt game. Why don't EO members get a say in this?

6:22 pm, May 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home