Friday, December 21, 2007

What Jax said ;-)

Bless her, Jax is hoping I'll write something brilliant and inspiring about this petition, about which she blogged so beautifully and expertly yesterday.

Well, I definitely signed the petition and I didn't know about it until I read it there so I'm grateful to Jax about that.

But what do I really think about all this government Early Years silliness? I'm afraid I'm less polite and moderate in my views on the matter than Jax is, or indeed than the petitioner himself. It goes without saying, really, that I wish we didn't think we needed such a thing as a childcare industry and that if we hadn't been conned into thinking we needed one, government wouldn't be able to get away with pretending it can try to prescribe what our poor beleaguered young offspring 'should' be learning at each stage of their short lives.

Altogether now? It's bureaucracy gone mad. If we carry on like this, we will live in a world full of grey-faced automatons. If we don't already. But only we have the power to stop it.

I signed the petition and maybe enough signatures will make 'a difference'. Reclaiming our rights and being the change we want to see in the world stands a better chance of success though, I suspect.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jax Blunt said...

Cool, ta :)

9:29 pm, December 21, 2007  
Blogger Gill said...

You're welcome! Not brilliant but best I could muster this week ;-)

8:12 am, December 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home