Saturday, April 14, 2007

Go on then ;-)

Since raising the concerns I was raising last week was deemed in some circles to be unduly critical - even though I didn't mean to be that way, I would like to take this opportunity to say that I think this is a great article, about which I'm very pleased, especially the title and intro:
"School's out, for ever

You don't have to be rich or a hippie to educate your children at home."

Keeping a blog is a very strange exercise sometimes though. Some people pretend not to be reading - certainly never comment, but then make a big fuss elsewhere about something you say, thereby denying you the right of reply. You can find yourself to be perceived in all kinds of bizarre ways, and having all kinds of weird motives attributed to you. So I don't expect my opinion of the above to rock any boats and indeed I hope it doesn't and since I dread to think how it will be perceived I won't even dwell on it. Suffice to say, I had serious and genuine concerns about the Traveller issue and was not out to take sides or score points. Come to think of it I still do have those genuine serious concerns, because they were never discussed or dealt with. Not with me, anyway.

Still, today's another day and that is a great article which does the UK home educating community proud.

4 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

Yes. A very good article.

4:21 pm, April 14, 2007  
Blogger HelenHaricot said...

yeah, we enjoyed reading it today, and SB wondered what they were making the towers for, and how they had got sooo many paper cups!

6:39 pm, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Gill said...

Not sure about that Helen, but you might find the answer here. :-)

6:50 pm, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Louise said...

I was so happy to read that article. It is sad that articles like that, positive about home-ed are often in a minority but I guess that's like us who do it!!

10:03 am, April 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home